Following are some rules of etiquette to help you and others playing enjoy the game of golf. Please use these rules as a guide.
- If you are playing slow, move aside and let faster players through.
- If you are more than a “Hole behind” of the group in front of you, let faster players through.
- If someone in your group loses a ball, check on the group behind you. If they are close, waive them through.
- Always try to play with a group. “One-somes” and “Two-somes” may not be allowed to play if the course is congested.
Other Etiquette Rules
- Repair ball marks on green
- Replace divots in the fairway and rough
- Rake sand traps
- Do not take pull carts on greens
- No foul or loud language permitted
- While the Yarmouth Links does have a very relaxed dress code, we would like the following rules to be obeyed.
- Shirts & shoes must be worn at all times.
- Men cannot wear sleeveless shirts.
- Women cannot wear spaghetti strap or strapless tops.
- Jeans are acceptable.
- No “cut-offs” shorts.
- No “short” shorts.
Please Play Ready Golf
- Keep Pace with group ahead
- Be ready when it’s your turn
- Limit practice swings to one
- Mark scores on next tee, not on the green
- Avoid looking over 2 minutes for a lost ball
Gas Cart Rules
- Must be 16 years of age to operate
- Stay out of the tall grass
- Please follow directions listed on ropes & signs
- Stay a minimum of 30 feet from greens, bunkers, and tee boxes
- On wet days please stay on cart paths
- Check pro shop for cart path rules before playing.